Landing with one main gear retracted
The PIC will have the Flight Attendants prepare for an emergency landing and brief them to expect the following:
- If time permits, the PIC will make a passenger announcement or delegate it to the Purser.
- The expected attitude of aircraft after landing.
- The landing will be noisier than usual.
- Evacuate only on PIC’s command.
If evacuation is not required after landing, the PIC will announce:
“CANCEL ALERT, CANCEL ALERT!”
Followed by an informational announcement to the passengers and crew.
If evacuation is necessary, the PIC will announce:
- Be alert to unusual aircraft attitude. Slide angle may too steep on one side of the aircraft, or too high on both sides if nose gear collapses, upon inflation of slide. Assess conditions and be prepared to redirect as necessary.