Engine fire or failure
On the ground
To respond to an engine fire on the ground:
- Aircraft will stop. The flight crew will activate the engine fire extinguishers.
- PIC – if necessary, will initiate an evacuation and notify FAs.
- SIC will deplane to assist in evacuation from outside aircraft.
- FAs when advised, assess conditions, command evacuation.
To respond to an engine fire/failure in flight:
- The flight crew will notify the Purser after their required checklists are complete. Ask for any special instructions.
- Purser will notify ALL other FAs.
- FAs begin securing the cabin while waiting for instructions.
- Anticipate a normal landing.