The PIC will brief the Purser on the situation and have them prepare the cabin for an emergency landing. The Purser will then brief other flight attendants.
Flight attendants will be briefed to expect the following:
- If time permits – the PIC will speak to the passengers using the PA, or may choose to delegate this to the Purser.
- The engines will be shut down before landing. The landing will be noisier than usual.
- The fuselage will be closer to the ground.
- Evacuate only on PIC’s command.
- If evacuation is not required after landing – the PIC will announce: “CANCEL ALERT, CANCEL ALERT!”
- If evacuation is necessary – the PIC will announce: “PASSENGERS EVACUATE, PASSENGERS EVACUATE!”