Landing with the nose gear retracted
The PIC will have the Flight Attendants prepare for an emergency landing and brief them to expect the following:
- If time permits, the PIC will make a passenger announcement or delegate it to the Purser.
- If possible, passengers should be relocated to aft seats.
- The expected attitude of aircraft after landing.
- The landing will be noisier than usual.
- Evacuate only on the PIC’s command.
If evacuation is not required after landing, the PIC will announce:
“INSERT YOUR FLIGHT CREW COMMAND WORDS”
Followed by an informational announcement from the flight crew to the passengers and flight attendants.
If evacuation is necessary, the PIC will announce:
- Be alert to unusual aircraft attitude. Slide angle may too steep on both sides with the nose gear collapsed. Assess conditions and be prepared to redirect as necessary.